The Invasion and Retreat of Enemies
1. If the 5th or 6th house is occupied by malefics the enemy retreats on the way. When malefics are placed in the 4th house, the enemy-even though he might have approached very near will have his forces defeated and destroyed and thereafter returns disinterested.
2. If the fourth house falls in the signs Scorpio, Pisces or Cancer and is aspected by benefic planets the enemy is defeated. If there be a quadruped sign on the fourth house, the enemy who has come with the intention of conquering definitely runs away.
3. If the ascendant falls in a movable sign (Chara rasi) and contains a benefic planet, then surely it causes more auspicious results to the kings who attack. If the movable ascendant is combined with a malefic planet surely inauspicious results occur to them. If a fixed sign rises with benefic planet in it definitely good results are produced.
4. If the Moon is placed in a fixed sign and the ascendant is on a movable sign, or Navamsha, the enemy surely comes. But if the Moon is in a movable sign and the ascendant falls in a fixed sign or Navamsha, the enemy does not attack.
5. If the Moon is in a dual sign and the ascendant falls in a fixed sign, the enemy comes and then returns. In this combination, if Mercury, Jupiter and Venus are placed in the sixth house, the enemy is destroyed.
6. If the ascendant falls in a fixed sign and is aspected by Jupiter and Saturn then either the enemy does not come or he may not go back after attacking. If malefics are placed in 3rd, 5th and 6th house the enemy has to be faced. If they are placed in the 4th house, the enemy surely returns.
7. If the Moon is placed in a movable sign and the ascendant falls in a dual sign the enemy comes half way and then returns. If the Moon is placed in a dual sign and the ascendant falls in a movable sign, the enemy comes with two armies. But if the ascendant and the Moon are aspected by malefic planets, he is defeated also.
8. If the Moon and the Sun are situated in the 4th house, the terrible army of the enemy does not come. But if the 4th house is occupied by Jupiter, Mercury and Venus the enemy comes very soon.
9. If the ascendant or the fourth house falls in the signs Leo, Aries, Sagittarius and Taurus and if no planet is situated in these places then also enemy will not be able to stay. This is certain.
10. If there be a fixed sign on the ascendant and if it is occupied by the Sun or Jupiter, the enemy is quiet in his own place. But if the same planets are placed in a movable sign in the ascendant, it should be told that the enemy will come soon.
11. If Jupiter and Venus are placed separately or together in the second or the third house, the enemy comes very soon. If the lords of the 1st, 9th and 10th house are placed in fixed signs, the enemy never comes.
12. The time of attack of the enemy: If there be no planet between the ascendant and the Moon, the enemy will attack in as many days as are indicated by the house occupied by the Moon from the Lagna.
Here ends Chapter V entitled "The Invasion and Retreat of Enemies" of Daivajnavallabha.