Travels (Coming and Going) in General
1. If the ascendant of query falls in a fixed sign, there is no coming and going (i.e., no travels). If it falls in a movable sign, travel (coming and going) definitely occurs. If the ascendant falls in a dual sign, the first and second half of the dual sign produce the results similar to movable and fixed signs.
2. Even if one among the planets Sun, Saturn, Mercury and Venus be placed in the ascendant identical with a Chara (movable sign) travel takes place early. But if this planet is retrograde there will be no travel.
3. If the ascendant falls in a fixed sign with one among Jupiter, Mercury, Venus or Sun is placed therein, the traveller breaks his journey and returns without any doubt.
4. If at the time of query, one of the planets Sun, Jupiter, Mercury or Venus be placed in the eleventh house, the person will have to go out on a journey very early. But if one of these planets be placed in the 12th house, he breaks his journey and returns - thus one ought to tell.
5. If the ascendant falls in a fixed sign and even if one of Saturn or Jupiter aspects the same and if the query relates to the return of a person who has gone to distant lands, the reply should be that there, is no return.
6. If the ascendants fall in a fixed sign and there is aspect of malefic planets on the malefics placed in 5th, 6th, and 9th houses travel is not to be predicted. But if the ascendant falls in a movable sign, travel will take place definitely.
7. If Venus, Jupiter or Mercury is placed in the 2nd or 12th sign from Lagna or Chandra lagna what is there to be told about travel, to the querist.
8. Time of return : Count the number of the signs in which the strongest planet is placed away from the lagna. The person in exile will return in so many months as indicated by this number. There is no doubt regarding this.
9. If the strongest planet is placed in a movable navamsha the time period is to be taken as indicated. But if it be in fixed Navamsha, the time period is to be doubled. And if the strongest planet be in a dual navamsha the time period is to be trebled.
10. Scholars, well versed in Horary Astrology declare that at the time when the lord of the 7th house from the ascendant of query becomes retrograde, the person in exile returns.
Here ends Chapter IV entitled "Travels in general" of the work Daivajnavallabha.