Laghu Parashari Sidhant
1. We pray to Goddess Sarasvati who has red lips, who holds Veens (a musical instrument) in her hand; she is the real strength of Lord Brahma who is so greatly spoken of in the Upanishads.
2. For the enlightenment of the learned astrologers, I compose this Udu-daya-Pradeep on the basis of Parashara Hora-Shastra.
3. We will include the Astrological results (good or bad) of the Nakshatra Dasha Paddhati as shown in Vimshottari System; and do not believe in Ashtottari System.
4. The learned should make themselves familiar with the fundamentals of Astrology through other works. Here only the specific principles will be explained.
5. All the planets (beginning with the Sun) aspect the planets in the 7th House with a full sight; but Saturn aspects those in the 3rd and 10th Houses with extra ordinary Drishti, so does Jupiter aspect them in the 5th and the 9th, and Mars in the 4th and the 8th Houses with a full sight.
6. All the planets owning Trines, i.e. the 1st, 5th and 9th Houses by signs produce uniformly good results, whether they are benefics or malefics. If they own the Trick houses, i.e. the 3rd, 6th and 11th houses by signs, they are always disposed towards evil.
7. It is commonly believed that benefics (Jupiter, Venus, strong Moon and well associated Mercury) when they own Angles by sing i.e. 4th, 7th and 10th houses they give good results; but as per Laghu Parashari this will not be true unless they are lords of the Trines also simultaneously. The same way, according to the popular belief, the malefics (the Sun, Mars, Saturn debilitated or waning Moon and ill-associated Mercury) give evil results; but according to Laghu Parashari if they do not own Trishdai (3-6-11) houses, they do not give evil results and become progressively more and more powerful as lords of the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th houses.
8. Lords of the 2nd and 12th houses are powerful not because of their own merit; they are greatly influenced in giving good or bad results by their association or position in the chart.
9. Lord of the 8th house (Randhresh) by virtue of being the 12th (Vyayesh) from the 9th (Bhagyesha) does not produce good results; but if he happens to be the lord of the Ascendant/Ascendant and occupies the 1st or the 8th house, he becomes benefic.
10. Amongst benefics the evil nature of Jupiter and Venus when they are lords of the Angles is extraordinary. If they own or occupy the Maraka sthana as lords of the Angles they become powerful killers.
11. Mercury has less of this evil nature as compared to Venus; the Moon has much less than that of Mercury. The same way the Sun and the Moon are not evil being Asthmesh (lord of the 8th).
12. (In Cancer nativity) Mars, a malefic, gives good results not being the lord of the 10th house only bu by being the lord of a Trine house (5th) also.
13. Rahu and Ketu in spite of being in dignity, give good or bad results according to their position or association.
This brings to the end of Samajna Adhyaya.